Kernel Configuration Issue / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux 32 Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-19 10:44:56

djmoch

Kernel Configuration Issue

I created an account at bugs.archlinux32.org hoping to file this issue there, but even then didn't have permissions to create an issue.

I'm using ArchLinux32 on my gateway router/firewall appliance at home. I'm using nftables to manage my netfilter rules, and it appears there were changes to the Kernel configuration as of 4.18.6.arch1-1.0 that broke nftables in some pretty significant ways. Namely, one can see in the config.i686 file that CONFIG_NF_TABLES_SET is not set (see line 1124). I believe this means that any curly-brace set syntax will break in nftables.conf, and indeed that's what I'm seeing.

I was able to downgrade to the 4.17 kernel series, but obviously that's not an ideal long-term solution. So I guess my question is: short of filing a bug report (which I can't do), how do I go about notifying the correct folks so this is addressed?

#2 2018-09-19 11:27:59

deep42thought
Administrator

Re: Kernel Configuration Issue

djmolch: you just notified them smile
I'll look into this this evening (+8h)
Also, your bug tracker account is now enabled.
Another way to contact us is #archlinux32 on freenode's irc.

regards,
deep42thought

#3 2018-09-19 12:42:41

djmoch

Re: Kernel Configuration Issue

Thanks for the quick response! Thanks as well for the contact info. I’ll have to join the IRC when I’m back at my home machine.

For what it’s worth, I also noticed that CONFIG_NFT_CONNLIMIT and CONFIG_NFT_SOCKET are also not enabled. I suspect they should be in order for things to work as expected, but I haven’t dug deeply enough to know for sure.

Board footer