Dies ist der Cache von Google von https://bbs.archlinux32.org/viewtopic.php?id=2756. Es handelt sich dabei um ein Abbild der Seite, wie diese am 25. Okt. 2019 18:31:44 GMT angezeigt wurde. Die aktuelle Seite sieht mittlerweile eventuell anders aus. Weitere Informationen.
Vollständige VersionNur-Text-VersionQuelle anzeigen
Tipp: Um deinen Suchbegriff schnell auf dieser Seite zu finden, drücke Strg+F bzw. ⌘-F (Mac) und verwende die Suchleiste.
Mplayer can't play videos any more / Pacman / Pacman Upgrades / Arch Linux 32 Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-13 15:46:23

levi

Mplayer can't play videos any more

Thanks very much for the pentum 4 update to mplayer - it enabled me to undo my hacks to unpack 686 dependent packages.  Unfortunately, the performance doesn't seem to be as good as it used to me on my eeepc when I was running all i686 packages.

For mp4 files, it'll simply create a non-redrawing window and hang, and only get killed by ctrl-Cing the terminal window twice.  For webm files though it does play the audio, but spits out some of these errors while running (and also has the same non-redrawing window)

libvdpau-va-gl: OutputSurface::Resource::Resource(): framebuffer not ready, 36054
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_output_surface_create: VDP_STATUS_ERROR
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_surface_put_bits_y_cb_cr: VDP_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_presentation_queue_block_until_surface_idle: VDP_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_mixer_render: VDP_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_presentation_queue_display: VDP_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE

And in this case, it does respond to keypresses like q to quit, so I don't need to SIGINT it.

I experienced this already with my previous hacked up usr/lib directory so I could run the previous release, but kind of hoped I'd messed up and it'd run better with a full pentum4 release.  No such luck, it seems.

It will still play mp3, m4a and flac files that I've tested fine fwiw, it only seems to have problems drawing videos.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#2 2019-06-14 20:58:30

levi

Re: Mplayer can't play videos any more

I've found the source of that first error in src/api-output-surface.cc from here: https://github.com/i-rinat/libvdpau-va-gl

I'm not familiar yet with gl instantiation, which is what it seems to be doing around those parts, so I don't see what's causing gl not to be ready there.  I did install mesa-demos and checked glxgears which seemed to run fine, so it's not like gl is broken.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2019-06-17 19:41:23

levi

Re: Mplayer can't play videos any more

I was just using mplayer to play an mpa podcast that had an included picture (for use as an icon when playing back in more primitive graphical systems I think).  I think I've played these before in the past and mplayer has ignored them silently and just played back the audio.

This time though, I had to run with with the -ni option to disable interlacing otherwise it would hang after about 5 second of playback.  To begin with it spawned a familiar dodgy looking video, but after about 900 seconds of playback, the intended image appeared there.

I don't think this'll help with debugging, but it's more unexpected behaviour that I'd expect to be resolved when the baseline bugs get squashed.

Board footer